Assistant Accommodation Manager
Latest CRM News
ASSISTANT ACCOMMODATION MANAGER
CRM Limited are currently looking to recruit a full-time Assistant Accommodation Managers (37.5 hours per week) for purpose built student accommodation blocks in Bristol
CRM is the UK's leading independent manager of student accommodation with multiple sites throughout the UK and also manages residential facilities for corporate clients.
The Accommodation Manager is a critical role for the success of this student development. CRM promote a caring and involved relationship with our student customers. We provide a warm, welcoming and exciting place to live. The successful applicant must enjoy developing a professional but personal relationship with our student customer, parents, University's Accommodation Officers and our Clients.
Title: Assistant Accommodation Manager
Reports to: Accommodation Manager
Start date: ASAP
The varied role involves:
- Ensuring a warm, welcoming environment to students, parent and visitors to the sites
- General support to the Accommodation Manager and job cover in his/her absence.
- Liaise with the Accommodation Manager in responding to tenant queries and maintenance issues throughout the academic year.
- Working with the Accommodation Manager to ensure the sites are safe environments in which to live and work.
- Working to a set budget.
- Assisting with the marketing, lettings and promotion of the accommodation
- Undertaking regular inspections of flats
- Undertaking routine daily/weekly safety inspections and updating the web based safety Management system
- Establishing and developing working relationships with suppliers and contractors
- Supporting the site team
- Being part of the out of hours rota for emergencies
- Supporting the management of the site in compliance with ANUK National Code of standards
- Working with University accommodation team delivering a quality service
- Supporting the Accommodation Manager in liaising with University staff including attending regular meetings with relevant bodies
In addition you will have access to the Human Resources department, Facilities Management and Health & Safety. You will also have the opportunity to attend training courses with a specialist training organisation for student housing.
Applicants should possess:
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- A good sense of humour with the ability to apply common sense
- Good level of computer literacy using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills displaying sensitivities to and understanding students needs
- The ability to organise and meet deadlines and targets
- Experience in facilities management, property management or hospitality sectors
- Must be pro-active and able to use initiative in order to make the site the best available
- Salary dependant on experience
- Childcare voucher scheme (salary sacrifice)
- 20 days holiday increasing by 1 day per year up to 25 days
- Life assurance scheme
To apply: Please send a CV and covering letter to the HR Department (by e-mail or post as below) quoting the reference number AA/BRIS. This position is subject to your undergoing a CRB Check.
Please ensure you include an e-mail address in your application.
Post: CRM Limited, Hanborough House, North Hinksey Lane, Oxford OX2 0QS
Website: http://www.crm-limited.com// and http://www.crm-students.com/
Closing date: 28 September 2012. Successful applicants will be invited for interview within two weeks of the closing date.
Apply for this vacancy
Our clients are corporate and institutional owners of property portfolios with long-term positions in the market
Latest CRM Vacancies
King Square Studios, Bristol
We are the largest, independent student accommodation management company in the... [more]
Introduction: CRM provides a management service for owners of large-scale... [more]